Jobkeeper employee eligibility changes
The criteria for eligible employees and business participants will change from Monday 3 August 2020 (Fortnight 10). For the final four fortnights of the current scheme, and extended scheme, the employment date for employee eligibility for the extension periods will change from 1 March 2020 to 1 July 2020.
Updated eligibility criteria are as follows:
- are currently employed by an eligible employer (including if you were stood down or rehired)
- a full-time, part-time employee at 1 July 2020 or a long-term casual employee (employed on a regular basis for at least 12 months) as at 1 July 2020 and not a permanent employee of any other employer.
- were aged 18 years or older at 1 July 2020 (if you were 16 or 17 you can also qualify if you are independent or not undertaking full time study).
- were either: – an Australian resident or an Australian resident for Tax purposes and the holder of a Subclass 444 (Special Category) visa as at 1 July 2020.
- were not in receipt of any of these payments during the JobKeeper fortnight, government parental leave or Dad and partner pay, or a worker’s compensation for an individual's total incapacity for work.
A review of previously ineligible employees could find that they are now eligible, where all criteria has been met, businesses will be able to claim from 3 August (Fortnight 10) if the employee has been paid a minimum of $1500 for the fortnight by 16 August.
The Money Edge | Bundaberg