ATO November 2019 bushfire assistance
Following the devastating bushfires across large parts of NSW and Queensland in November, the ATO has offered ongoing support.
In particular, a specific helpline (1800 806 218) has been established that can be used by those impacted to seek assistance, such as to:
- Obtain extra time to pay tax debt or lodge tax forms;
- Obtain assistance in finding lost TFN's;
- Obtain re-issued income tax returns, activity statements and notices of assessment;
- Obtain assistance in re-constructing tax records that are lost of damaged;
- Have any refunds owed fast tracked;
- Negotiate payment plans tailored to individual circumstances (including interest-free periods); and
- Negotiate the remission of penalties or interest charged during the time a taxpayer has been affected.
The Money Edge | Bundaberg