Australian Taxation Office online Terms and Conditions update
The Australian Taxation Office Online Terms and Conditions are changing from 1 June 2019. The most important changes are:
- Clients will have an option to give us written authorisation to receive some or all of their communications from the ATO via our Practice inbox. The ATO will send digital communications that are not authroised to be received by us to the clients’ myGov inboxes. This is in preparation for a new feature of Online services for tax agents the ATO is currently testing in private beta.
- If you use secret questions and answers to confirm their identity and access ATO Online through myGov, you should use myGov security codes or the myGov access app to improve your security.
- From 1 June 2019, clients will need to use myGov security codes or the myGov access app to confirm their identity if they want their myGov account linked to the ATO. If you choose to downgrade the way you confirm your identity to secret questions and answers, your myGov account will automatically be unlinked for the ATO.
All myGov users will be notified of the updated Terms and Conditions. If you:
- do not accept the Terms and Conditions, you will need to unlink the ATO from your myGov account by 1 June 2019
- do nothing and dont unlink for the ATO, it will be deemed that you have accepted the new Terms and Conditions.
If you choose to unlink the ATO from your myGov account, it is suggested that you download a copy of all of your communication beforehand, as you will not be able to do this once your account is unlinked.
The Money Edge | Bundaberg