Wealth & Financial Planning
The Wealth Edge is a Financial Planning consultancy that can assist you in navigating the complexities of building personal wealth.
You work hard to earn an income and establish your lifestyle, your money needs to work just as hard as you do.
No matter where you are in your life, planning for your financial future is vital.
A financial plan and considered investment choices can help you to achieve your goals whether that be buying your first home or being able to retire comfortably.
- Creating a financial plan for your future goals.
- Building personal wealth through; Direct Shares, Managed Funds, Superannuation
- Retirement Planning
- Property Investment
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Establishing a regular saving and investment plan
Services provided as an Authorised Representative of Count. ‘Count’ and Count Wealth Accountants ® are the trading names of Count Financial Limited, ABN 19 001 974 625 Australian Financial Services Licence Holder Number 227232 (‘Count’) a wholly-owned, non-guaranteed subsidiary of Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124. Count is a Professional Partner of the Financial Planning Association of Australia Limited.
- Have you ever been contacted by your bank to notify you of suspicious activity on your credit card? It’s a horrible feelBeing faced with cancer can have a devastating impact on women and their families. That’s why it’s so important to reducSuccessfully transitioning between in-home care services, retirement villages and full-care accommodation is all about mFrom 1 July 2017, you are eligible to make personal concessional (tax-deductible) contributions under Superannuation RefWhether it be in your personal or business life most of us require a strong, caring and informed support network aroundWhile women play an active role in everyday financial decisions, they are less involved in managing long-term investmentHousing affordability continues to be a major challenge for many Australians. But if you’re willing to live outside thePowers of Attorney are documents created to empower someone to make decisions on behalf of another. A person making a PoWe all insure our cars (we even insure our pets), but how many of us have Life, TPD or Trauma insurance? Who is going tEver wondered why your EOFY tax bill was higher than you expected? It could be because of the Medicare Levy. So what doeWhen you start a new job, your employer will begin making regular contributions to your super. Contributing to super isAn appropriate estate plan ensures wealth is dealt with, after death, as intended, while minimising the impact of challeWorried about running out of money in old age? We talk to retirement expert and women’s advocate Nicolette Rubinsztein aSetting up a business at home can be extremely rewarding, especially if it gives you more time to spend with family. ButHow do you best prepare for the end of the financial year? Adopt some of this advice and it could make a real differenceFor many small investors who have purchased investments properties over the years in an effort to create a nest egg, theBefore you swap your briefcase for a beach towel, have you thought carefully about what life in a quieter location wilThere is plenty of advice out there about why you should save for your future, but little that explains exactly how. OneWe all know the feeling – there’s a major purchase we want to make, but we’re worried it will break the bank. Whether itMother’s Day is a time to show your mother how much you appreciate their love and efforts they make every day. The trueThe word BUDGET is not usually associated with positivity or fun! A budget is often considered private and in the pastExecutor: The person appointed by a will to administer the deceased estate. The executor holds all of the assets of theChoosing a Mobile phone plan and a service provider can be quite a task, especially nowadays when there are so many diffSetting up a home business is an exciting step. But for many women, it can also make the juggling act between work and fWhether you’re a growing family in need of a bigger house, empty nesters downsizing, or someone who’s just looking for aIf you’re a parent concerned about the spending habits of your son or daughter, you’re not alone. Here are some simple sYour child’s education is an important investment in their future. But getting it right takes careful planning, which meThe gender wage gap is putting many women on the back foot financially – but a successful salary negotiation can make aInvesting in property is a huge decision, and it may suit some investors more than others. Here are some things to keepDo you have a Self-Managed Super fund? Did you start one in the 2015/16 financial year? If you answered yes to both of tBecoming a parent brings a world of joy into your life, but it can also put a strain on your household finances. So if yOverspent in 2016? Here’s how to put your finances back on track – and even get ahead. Despite the best intentions, manyYou’ve worked hard to build your wealth over the years. Now you can have peace of mind by ensuring your loved ones are tRetiring earlier and living longer: why every woman needs the right financial strategy to make sure their savings will lBuilding a relationship with a financial adviser can literally change your life. And as with every relationship, the morThe ATO has issued an information sheet to let taxpayers know that money earned from renting out a room in a house is reThe ATO has announced that it will be contacting some SMSF trustees in November 2016 to participate in a survey about thAdjusting to a reduced income in retirement can be challenging. But luckily there are a wide range of support options avBeing faced with cancer can have a devastating impact on women and their families. That’s why it’s so important to reducSingle and fabulous? Make sure your finances are in top shape as well. Whether you’re single by choice, readjusting afteThe official cut off thresholds have now been determined. In order to retain a part age pension and keep the concessionsMany newlyweds start married life struggling from heavy debts from their big day. But with a proper financial plan, a waRecent studies show that more than two in five Australians lack confidence when it comes to financial decision making1.It’s impossible to know what’s on the horizon, but with the right personal insurance, at least you can be financially prGoing through a separation or divorce raises a lot of questions. One of these relates to money. Given you’re likely to hInstead of waiting for a partner, women are taking charge of their own financial future and buying property on their ownThey say every great journey starts with a single step – and yours is just beginning. Here’s how to get on the path to fWhether you’re considering residential aged care for yourself, a family member or a friend, the options can seem overwheBe SMART. Make your goals Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-based. Each goal should have a realistic dIf you haven’t figured out your lifestyle goals for the future your financial strategy is like a journey without a destiWorking part-time can give you the freedom to make the most out of both your professional and personal life – but you neIn attempt to simplify and streamline rules surrounding superannuation contributions, the recent Federal Budget has propAustralians families are changing and so are their financial needs. It’s no secret that Australia’s population is growinAs the Baby Boomers continue to move into retirement, a national discussion about the economic challenges of our ageingEthical investing has gone from backwater to mainstream over the past decade, as Australians discover they can make theAs a woman who’d like to grow your wealth and save for the future, do you sometimes feel that it’s impossible to get aheSmartphones and apps have made it easier than ever to help us track our financial progress and make informed decisions oWhile the prospect of retirement is exciting for most, the changes it brings can be a shock. In the previous edition ofFor decades Australians have expected that they will live a better life than the generation before them but that might aAnybody interested in growing and protecting retirement wealth can learn important lessons from the investment strategyParliament recently passed legislation amending the taxation law to impose withholding obligations on the purchasers ofThe perfect retirement revolves around getting three things right – the financial, the emotional and the practical. FiguDon’t let the Christmas holidays undo your great work throughout the year. Be aware of spending patterns to turn silly sWe lose lots of things during the course of our lives, socks, car keys, wallet and even your super. Super is one of theWhat do Steven Spielberg, Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama and Al Gore have in common? They have all been the victim of ideThe social security deeming rates* will be lowered from 20 March 2015 as follows: the ‘lower deeming rate’ wCraig James, CommSec Chief Economist, shares his view on the latest Reserve Bank Board meeting. Some points include: theI have had a couple of my friends recently ask me ‘What is it that you actually do? I know you are a financial adviser,A question that comes up frequently is ‘should I salary sacrifice to super?’. As with everything else, this depeUnderstanding how and why we are likely to spend money around Christmas time makes it easier for us to manage that spendAs holidays and the new year approach it’s easy to be distracted from your financial goals. But this is actually the perIn September this year when Graeme Wheeler, governor of the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, said his currency’s power againOptions for making the most of your tax refund are many and varied, but some are far more powerful than others. An annuaThere is plenty of advice out there about why you should save for your future, but little that explains exactly hIt’s an age old question and one of the most important ones to answer as you plan your retirement savings – what exactlyAs with most things in life the earlier you start something the greater the impact, and planning for your future