TME’s 8 tips for starting 2016 off with a bang!
The end of 2015 is fast approaching, almost at the speed of light it feels. With the end of every year, there is reflection. Reflection on what there was, wasn’t and what could have been. Don’t be disappointed at the end of 2016, start the year off the way you plan to finish! Below are some tips from the team to help you have a successful 2016:
- Don’t wait – Why wait for the end of the year to make changes or set resolutions? Start the year with the commitment to live life as if tomorrow was your last day. Embrace life; don’t be afraid to try something new; love your friends and family with everything you have in you- Kerri
- Review your situation – check that all your covers are still covering you for your situation. That is are you now empty nesters and still paying for health insurance that covers you for pregnancy. Is your internet plan for 100G but you are only using 2G? Think of all the shoes you could buy with the savings you make – Nicole
- Get more Sleep – You can’t replace sleep with a double latte – Mark
- Reflection – Ask the big question “What stopped me this year?” There’s no point focussing on the same goal again if we are avoiding the underlying fears, doubts or weaknesses that have been holding us back. Look inward and face those barriers. Understand them and work on them. It’s common to get tough with our surface issues but sometimes we need to get gentle with our deeper issues to really make a difference – Amanda
- Praise where Praise is needed – “reflect on the year just gone and what you’ve achieved & pat yourself on the back before you launch yourself into the New Year – Debbie
- New Notebook – Every new year start a new notebook for lists, budgeting, bills, birthday’s, contact details and anything else that you scribble down to have handy all in one place – Tahnee
- Be Realistic – Looking forward to “NY Resolutions” or goals – make them achievable and be specific. Saying “you are going to get fit” isn’t specific, however saying you want to be able to run 5kms by the end of the year is achievable and specific. Good Luck!!! – Ally
- Plan ahead – You can’t account for every eventuality that life throws your way but it doesn’t hurt to have a general idea of what each month will bring whether it is for practical reasons or for the important things in life like spending time with the family – Leanne
We hope that 2016 is a great year for you and that some of our tips will help you to achieve your goals.