Small Business Digital Grants Program
The Small Business Digital Grants Program can assist small businesses to access digital technologies and services to help them work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
Matched funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The minimum grant funding is $1,000. The business must show how the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business, and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Applicants must not begin the project or pay for the product(s) or service(s), in part or full, without confirmation that the project has been approved.
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Only 1 application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business.
Successful applicants cannot reapply for funding under this grant program in future rounds.
Your business must also be in a financial position to pay up front for the approved product(s) and or service(s) in full. If successful, approved applicants will then be reimbursed after submitting supplier invoices and proof of purchase.
Applying for the grant
Round 5 has now opened and closes at 5pm on 8 October 2018.
To apply, complete the following steps:
- read the eligibility criteria
- read the application guidelines and terms and conditions
- apply using the SmartyGrants link: Apply now
You will be advised if your application has been successful.
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will be prioritised on:
- the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business (measured by revenue growth, increase in gross profit, time savings, employment outcomes)
- the extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money.
On completion of the project, successful applicants will be reimbursed 50% of the total project cost, up to the approved grant funding amount.
To receive reimbursement, applicants must:
- complete and submit an acquittal report through SmartyGrants
- issue a valid tax invoice to the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- submit copies of supplier invoices and proof of purchase for the total project cost.
For further information about the program and application process, refer to the application guidelines or phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68).
The Money Edge | Bundaberg