Set up Your Business Facebook Page Correctly
Does your Business have a Facebook page? Are you connecting with your clients and clients-to-be via Facebook? Are you making the most of this free social networking platform?
There are many businesses who are on Facebook but unfortunately don’t have their pages set up properly. This results in people not being able to connect with you, and you missing out on potential leads or opportunities to let more people know about what is happening in your business.
To avoid this problem, we have put together a short 10-point checklist for you to make sure that your page is set up properly:
But, just before we do, we need to make it clear at this point that we are referring to Facebook pages (the ones you ‘Like’) and not Personal Profiles (the ones where you ‘Add Friend’).
- Set your page up as a business page – not as a person – and choose the correct category;
- Include all your important information – website, phone numbers, email and a brief description of what you do;
- Include a call to action in your ‘About’ section;
- Get a professionally designed cover image (not a low-quality photo of your store or product);
- Have your profile photo resized to the correct size (180x180px);
- Use your business logo as your profile picture;
- Claim your username so you have a neat and simple Facebook web address;
- Use custom applications to increase engagement on your page and to collect email addresses;
- Like other relevant pages in your industry from your page; and
- Make sure your settings are set correctly so that people can message you and post on your page.
We hope these tips help more people find and ‘like’ your page.
If you would like to find out more about Facebook for Business, then attend one of our upcoming sessions which you can find at http://www.widebaysocialmedia.com.au/ and like our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/widebaysocialmedia) to keep up-to-date with all the changes occurring on Facebook.
By Katrina Carey, Wide Bay Social Media