ATO’s Visa Data Matching Program
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection will provide the ATO with the following details of visa holders, their sponsors and migration agents for the 2013/14 to 2016/17 financial years:
- Address and contact history for visa applicants and sponsors;
- All visa grants, and visa grant status by point in time;
- All migration agents, and their address and contact history;
- Sponsor details (subclass 457 visa);
- Education providers (educational institution where the student visa holder intends to undertake their study);
- Visa subclass code and descriptor; and
- All international travel movements undertaken by visa holders (arrivals and departures).
It is estimated that records relating to approximately 1,000,000 individuals will be provided.